Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Easy Mini Quiches

I love Quiche and I love to cook Quiche except the fact that when I cook them I cook a lot of them. It is like Pot Pie from scratch. If you are going to put that much effort into cooking something then you might as well make it worth it. The last time I cooked Quiche I made about a dozen. Okay so I have some OCD issues and that is why it has been 6 years since I have cooked Quiche. I got the idea somewhere that there had to be a recipe for mini quiches and I searched and found a bunch. This one works real well.

 
Origin: http://www.allrecipes.com/

Ingredients
  • 6 slices of bacon, chopped
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 3 eggs
  • 3/4 cup buttermilk baking mix (Bisquick)
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
  • 2 cups shredded American Cheese
  1. Preheat oven to 350F.  Grease muffin pans with spray oil or whatever you have.  In a large skillet over medium heat, fry the bacon and onion together for about 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp.  Drain and Set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, beat eggs.  Stir in baking mix, parsley, shredded cheese, bacon and onion.  Spoon into greased muffin cups. 
  3. Bake of 10 to 15 minutes in a preheate oven, or until tops are lightly browned.

So a few notes.  I don't eat pork so turkey bacon it is.  Turkey bacon does not really get crisp so play it by ear.  If you ever make the mistake of buying generic Bisquick this is a great place for it.
This good stuff.  Not the real thing but nice and quick and full of quichey goodness.  Rae loves it and has asked for it to be added to the weekly menu.  This makes it worthy of the Recipe Book.

No comments:

Post a Comment